Tonight we bring you a Burhill Brits Special, here’s everything you need to know...
Burhill Brits Ball – Silent auction and auction
The Burhill Brits is raising money for a new PA system for the school. Thank you for all the support you've provided so far from buying tickets for the ball, to supporting Mufti Day, to giving prizes for the auctions. It is very much appreciated; every penny counts to raise funds for the new PA system.
We’re now delighted to share with you details of both the silent auction and the big-ticket items that you can bid for on the night of the Burhill Brits. There are some awesome prizes thanks to the brilliant generosity of national and local businesses as well as Burhill parents – thank you!
Auction on the night
Some of the auction prizes include a fabulous 7-night holiday with Eurocamp, golf at Burhill Golf course and family photography sessions. Please see the attached brochure for details of the auction prizes you can bid for on the night. If you can’t attend the ball but would like to bid, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 21 March and someone can bid on your behalf.
Our silent auction brochure is filled with brilliant prizes. Please either bring your completed brochure with your bids on the night of the ball and we’ll collect them in, or drop them off at the school office by Friday 22 March marked for the attention of ‘FOBS – Auction’.
Burhill Brits – On the night
Please don’t forget to bring some cash with you, we’ve got lots of fabulous games planned to raise funds and some awesome swag bags - you won’t want to miss out! We look forward to seeing you on Saturday night at 7pm prompt.
Dates for the diary:-
Next FoBS Meeting - 7.30pm, Monday 1st April in the Blue Hall - All welcome!
Strictly Beauty & Bling Evening - Thursday 4th April
Summer Fair - Saturday 22nd June
You can view the minutes from our monthly meetings, including the our AGMs here: https://friendsofburhillschool.co.uk/meetings-minutes
We would LOVE to hear from you - just hit the REPLY button.
Follow us on Twitter @BurhillFoBS
Like us on Facebook Friends of Burhill School Facebook Page
Visit our website https://www.friendsofburhillschool.co.uk
Support us with Easy Fundraising! Click on the link BurhillEasyFundraising
If you no longer wish to hear from Friends of Burhill School, reply to this email and put 'No Thanks' in the Subject.
Friends of Burhill school is an organisation of Burhill parents and staff. Its role is to encourage closer links between home and school. We are best known for our fundraising work, but we organise socials too. Our events provide an opportunity for parents, staff and pupils to get together.
The people who run the friends of Burhill school are parents at the school who volunteer their time to help the school give the best possible educational experience to our children.
How do we fundraise?
We organise various events throughout the year to raise funds for the school:
- Cake Bakes - regular sales organised by class reps, selling cakes to the school at Friday pick-up.
- Fireworks Night - a community event for local people to enjoy this annual celebration.
- Quiz Nights - get together with friends to enjoy a fish & chip dinner and test your brain power.
- Christmas Fair - a family event with Christmas crafts and games, Santa’s grotto, and loads of other fun stalls.
- Spring Ball - a themed dinner and dance evening for the parents of Burhill School.
- Second-hand Uniform Sales
- Ice Cream sales - regular sales in the Summer Term, selling ice lollies at Friday pick-up.
- Summer Fair - a themed family event with bouncy castles and games for the children, a BBQ, Bar, tombolas, and loads more.
- Barclays matched fundraising scheme
What else do we do?
We do lots of things to support the school, such as speaking to new parents, serving tea and coffee at meetings and providing refreshments to the children during school events. We have provided:
- Juice and biscuits for Stories by Candlelight
- Fruit snack & drinks for the Sports Relief Mile
- Ice Lollies at Sports Day
- Easter Eggs
- A gift from Santa and a visit from his Reindeer
- A lantern parade at the Fireworks night
- Children’s Discos
- Second-hand books for school book sales
- Refreshments during Parent Consultations
- Christmas Decorations
And many other things...
How do we spend the money raised?
At every meeting there are requests from teachers and the school for equipment that will enhance the learning of our children. We take a vote and decide whether to accept the request. Recently the friends of Burhill school have purchased:
- Lego Therapy, books and Lego construction kits for learning support
- Science backpacks
- Class sets of ukuleles, recorders, glockenspiels and steel pan drums
- Sports kits and dance tops
- Class set of wireless headphones for the ICT Suite
- 15 digital cameras
- Mobile Library and new books for classrooms
- Board games for wet play
- Electric cooker
- Window seat cushions
- Gardening equipment
- Coat trolley
- Water fountains
- Mobile Mud Kitchen
- Netball/basketball nets and hockey sticks
- Outdoor stage
- Gazebos and feet weights
- Extension leads
- Clothes rail
- Large Igloo Cooler
And much more...
There are larger projects in the planning stages that we have been raising money for, e.g. the Spring Ball this year raised money for the new library.
The ‘Quiet Garden’ is about to have an overhaul with composters, wormeries, benches and more to encourage the children’s enjoyment of nature.
We are looking into the possibility of keeping ducks on the school grounds, ‘Beehive TV’, outdoor Reading Dens and Shade Sails.
How can you get involved?
We really value our families and could not achieve what we do without their help. There are lots of ways you can support your child through the PTA. For example:
Offering to help with events
‘Admin’ tasks such as wrapping gifts, folding raffle tickets, updating social media etc.
Volunteering to be a Class Representative, Committee Member or other smaller role
Coming to our friendly monthly meetings to share your ideas and opinions.
Do you have any contacts or skills we could use? Everything is potentially valuable to us.
We are always extremely grateful to receive donations for our fundraising events.
Donations? What do we need?
This year we have requested and received many different types of donations:
- Bottles, chocolate and sweets for tombolas
- Treasure jars, jars filled with sweets and small toys
- Toys, games, puzzles, soft toys and books
- Unwanted gifts and raffle prizes
- Fruit, donated by The Hersham Café
- A freezer to store Ice Lollies, from Jo Russ
- Christmas Decorations and artificial Christmas trees
- Artwork for children
- Small wrapped gifts for Lucky Dip
- Cakes, mostly homemade cupcakes for Cake Sales
- Second-hand school uniform
- We have also borrowed from parents:
- BBQ and BBQ gas
- Clothes rails
- Blender, veg cutter, trays and jugs
- 50 meter measuring tape
Keep an eye out for our helpful weekly emails to keep you updated.
For everything, just email us: email@example.com
or visit us at our new website: